Solevo Wellness is a medical facility. With that, we see all types of conditions and sicknesses inside our facilities. Due to the recent Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we want to ensure the safety and health of all patients, vendors and employees of Solevo Wellness.
How is the Coronavirus spread?
Officials are not 100% sure exactly of all the variations, but they do know COVID-19 can spread in the following ways:
- Between people who are in close contact with one another
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes
- By touching a surface or an object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes
What precautions is Solevo taking?
Our employees must follow the same standards as other medical facilities under the supervision of the Department of Health. We want to assure our patients and vendors that we operate in a sanitary environment and have taken cleanliness seriously, long before this outbreak occurred. All three Solevo Wellness locations are professionally cleaned multiple times each week, and all common surfaces are disinfected throughout each day (door handles, touch screens, pens, clipboards, table tops, counter tops, etc.).
In addition, our facilities were built with the health and safety of our patients, vendors and employees in mind. While not a requirement under the PA medical marijuana program, prior to building our first dispensary in Squirrel Hill, our Board of Directors mandated that all interior facility walls be coated with anti-microbial paint. Anti-microbial coatings have been scientifically proven to provide adequate and long-lasting protection against fungi, mold and bacteria. This allows for increased cleanliness on a considerable scale by reducing the presence of germs and bacteria in the air.
We are seeing daily updates from the CDC and the local and state health department regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. The Solevo Team remains on top of these updates and is ready to take action as they are announced. Effective 5/16, Solevo has updated and implemented the following sanitary precautions:
- All three Solevo Wellness locations are professionally cleaned multiple times a week.
- Our operating hours have extended at all locations:
- 10:00AM – 7:00PM Monday – Friday
- 10:00AM – 4:00PM Saturday
- Online Reserve Monday – Friday
- Reserve Window: 9:30AM – 6:00PM
- Reserve Pickup: 11:00AM – 6:30PM
- Online Reserve Saturday
- Reserve Window: 9:30AM – 3:00PM
- Reserve Pickup: 11:00AM – 3:30PM
- We have raised our occupancy limit to 25 patients per dispensary.
- We have launched our Online Reserve software at our Squirrel Hill, Cranberry and Washington locations, to help reduce the amount of time patients are in the dispensary.
- Sneeze guards have been installed in all three dispensaries.
- All common surfaces are disinfected after each patient.
- Masks will continued to be required inside and outside of the dispensaries for patients and staff members.
- All three locations have professional anti-microbial disinfection.
- The disinfecting system has 100% surface coverage and microbe kill rate.
- The disinfecting system is used in all hospital environments, including surgical suites.
- The disinfecting system has 70% less chemical usage, keeping all surfaces from electronic equipment to toys safe.
We have implemented these precautions for the safety of our patients and employees, and will continue to do whatever it takes to keep everyone safe.
How can you protect yourself and others from Coronavirus?
Following basic hygiene is the best way to protect yourself from COVID-19 and other contagious illnesses like the cold and flu.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds after going to the bathroom, blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If you do not have a sink and water available, use hand sanitizer with an alcohol contain of 60% or higher.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Make sure to always keep space between yourself and others.
- If you are feeling ill despite taking the above precautions, the PA Dept. of Health advises that you stay at home and contact your doctor.
These steps to protect are always performed by Solevo employees, whether there is an outbreak or not. Many of our patients and employees have conditions that may weaken their immune system severely, so we ask that you follow these same steps while visiting a Solevo location.
At Solevo, we are monitoring the spread of this virus in the State of Pennsylvania and the possibility of it spreading into Pittsburgh and the rest of western PA in the future. We are following any recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and will use their recommendations for guidance as this continues to unfold. If you have any questions or concerns, please email [email protected] To follow along with Solevo’s Coronavirus procedures and updates, follow us on Facebook , Instagram, LinkedIn and sign up for our E-Newsletter.