The PA Medical Marijuana Patient Registry is Now Open!
The Pennsylvania Department of Health has opened the medical marijuana patient registration portal!
There are 4 steps that qualified patients must take to obtain PA medical marijuana. The second step is still pending additional information from the Department of Health, but now is a great time to start preparing. Read on below:
#1: Create a patient profile at the PA Department of Health’s website.
- Visit the Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Program page from the PA Department of Health and then click the “Adult Patient Registration” link.
- You’ll be directed to a form where you’ll need to enter your name, date of birth, driver’s license, contact information, and address. Fill out the form! Enter your information exactly as it appears on your driver’s license.
- Type in ALL CAPS when entering your information.
- Record your user credentials that will be assigned during the sign up process.
#2: Obtain a physician’s certification that you qualify for treatment.
- There are 17 qualifying medical conditions that can qualify a patient for medical marijuana in PA. You can review the list of qualifying conditions for medical marijuana.
- Talk to your doctor about whether medical marijuana may be right for you.
- If your doctor is qualified to recommend medical marijuana and agrees that you medical marijuana is appropriate for your treatment, you’ll receive an approved certification that demonstrates your eligibility.
- This Certification form is not yet available from the Department of Health, but it will be posted soon on the Department of Health website and on our site. You can sign up for the Solevo Wellness Newsletter on our home page and we will keep you updated as information becomes available.
#3: Apply for your PA Medical Marijuana ID Card.
- Return to the Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Program page from the PA Department of Health.
- Sign in as a returning user using the credentials that were assigned to you during the registration process in the first step.
- You’ll need a Visa or Mastercard in order to pay the processing fee for the ID application. The cost for the card is $50.
- You’ll need to upload an electronic copy of a photo ID, a current digital photograph, and an electronic copy of your recommendation from a state-approved medical marijuana physician that you acquired in the second step.
#4: Visit a licensed medical marijuana dispensary.
- Solevo Wellness has received permits from the PA Department of Health to operate three medical marijuana dispensaries. The first dispensary in Squirrel Hill will open in early 2018.
Additional PA Medical Marijuana Resources
The PA Department of Health has put together an easy to read document highlighting these 4 steps. It also lists the 17 approved conditions for medical marijuana in PA and provides details on the forms of medical marijuana that are allowable under the law. You can download and print that document here.
You can also watch this short instructional video from the PA Department of Health on the medical marijuana program
Still looking for more information on PA medical marijuana? We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have. You can get in touch with us here.