A new choice for your treatment.
You’re our priority and deserve the highest standard of care. That’s why you can count on Solevo Wellness™ for personalized services and medical marijuana relief solutions from exceptional pharmacists and medical professionals. It’s your life, and we want to help you get the most out of it.
If you suffer from one of the Department of Health’s 23 designated medical conditions, you are eligible to include medical marijuana as part of your medical treatment.
Below are steps and requirements for patients (and their caregivers) to obtain medical marijuana in Pennsylvania.
1. Patient must be at least 18 years of age and not homebound. Patients under the age of 18 or home-bound must have a caregiver who is registered with the Department of Health.
2. Caregivers must be at least 21 years old, and designated by a patient or, if the patient is under 18 years of age, an individual that is a parent or legal guardian of the patient, or an individual designated by a parent or legal guardian, or an appropriate individual approved by the Department of Health if no patient or guardian is appropriate or available.
3. Patients must be a resident in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania with proof of residency. If you do not have a valid, unexpired, Pennsylvania I.D. or PA Driver’s License, then a valid, unexpired, U.S. passport along with proof of PA residency such as a bank statement or utility bill is acceptable.
4. The patient must have one of 23 qualified serious medical conditions as certified by a health care professional.
5. The patient must complete an in-person examination and review of health records by a physician who is registered with the PA Department of Health Medical Marijuana Program and has successfully completed a required 4-hour course approved by the Department of Health.
6. If the physician recommends that medical marijuana is appropriate for the patient, the physician will issue a patient certification. Additionally, the physician will register the patient online with the Pennsylvania Department of Health Medical Marijuana Program.
7. Then, the patient will complete an online application to obtain a medical marijuana ID card. Caregivers must also complete an online application if wishing to obtain their own medical marijuana ID card in order to obtain marijuana for the patient. Caregivers must also undergo a criminal history check.
8. Once the application has been completed and reviewed, the Pennsylvania Department of Health will send a medical marijuana ID card to the patient or caregiver. Individuals may renew the certification with a registered physician after one year.
9. Once received, bring the medical marijuana ID card to Solevo Wellness™ and obtain medical marijuana.
Where do I get medical marijuana in PA?
Solevo Wellness has three MMJ dispensaries in the Pittsburgh region serving medical marijuana patients in Allegheny, Butler, and Washington Counties. Looking for a medical marijuana dispensary near you? Find the dispensary closest to you in the list below:
Which doctors refer for medical marijuana in PA?
Deciding to refer patients for medical marijuana is an individual choice for physicians.
Physicians must be registered by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to recommend medical marijuana. You can send this link to your current physician regarding medical marijuana: Medical Marijuana for Physicians
In the near future, the Department of Health will publish a list of registered doctors. You can join our newsletter to be notified when that list becomes available: Newsletter Signup.
If you’re eligible and would like to include medical marijuana as part of your medical treatment, ask your doctor to recommend Solevo Wellness.
Sign up today and receive periodic updates about Trulieve PA, medical marijuana in Pennsylvania, and upcoming educational events near you.
Your privacy is important to us. We will never share or sell your information.